Passive cooling can add aesthetic value and sustainable options for keeping a home cool in a heating climate.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to building out a smart home, which can make decisions overwhelming. Tech expert Brandon Doyle breaks down how to get started
Homeowners are spending a median of $9,000 on bathroom renovations, which is 13% higher than last year, a new study finds. These are their favorite trends.
Does everybody know what time it is? — It’s TOOL TIME!— Who can forget the beloved ’90s sitcom Home Improvements. Now Floridians have their own ‘Tool Time’ for the first time, kicking off during Labor Day weekend.
Florida’s 2022 ‘Tool Time’ Sales Tax Holiday begins on Saturday, September 3, 2022, and ends on Friday, September 9, 2022. During this sales tax holiday period, tax is not due on the retail sale of eligible items related to tools commonly used by skilled trade workers. You may purchase qualifying items commonly used by skilled trade workers, such as power tools, work boots, and toolboxes, exempt from sales tax on retail sales. A list of qualifying items that are exempt from tax during the seven-day sales tax holiday period is provided in Tax Information Publication (TIP) No. 22A01-09. These include:
- Toolboxes for vehicles selling for $300 or less
- Power tools selling for $300 or less
- Work boots selling for $175 or less
- Power tool batteries selling for $150 or less
- Handheld pipe cutters, drain opening tools, and plumbing inspection equipment selling for $150 or less
- Industry textbooks and code books selling for $125 or less
- Tool belts selling for $100 or less
- Electrical voltage and testing equipment selling for $100 or less
- Shop lights selling for $100 or less
- Toolboxes selling for $75 or less
- Hand tools selling for $50 or less
- Safety glasses selling for $50 or less per pair (or the equivalent if sold in sets of more than one pair)
- Protective coveralls selling for $50 or less
- Duffle bags or tote bags selling for $50 or less
- LED flashlights selling for $50 or less
- Work gloves selling for $25 or less
The sales tax holiday does not apply to the rental or repair of any of the qualifying items. Additionally, the sales tax holiday does not apply to sales in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment or airport. Have a question? Refer to the 2022 Tool Time Sales Tax Holiday FAQs for Consumers and 2022 Tool Time Sales Tax Holiday FAQs for Businesses .
Selling for $25 or less per pair: Work gloves.
Selling for $50 or less per item: Duffle bags • Hand tools • LED flashlights • Protective coveralls • Tote bags.
Selling for $50 or less per pair (or the equivalent if sold in sets of more than one pair): Safety glasses.
Selling for $75 or less per item: Toolboxes.
Selling for $100 or less per item: Electrical voltage and testing equipment • Shop lights • Tool belts.
Selling for $125 or less per item: Industry code books • Industry textbooks.
Selling for $150 or less per item: Drain opening tools • Handheld pipe cutters • Plumbing inspection equipment • Power tool batteries.
Selling for $175 or less per pair: Work boots.
Selling for $300 or less per item: Power tools • Toolboxes for vehicles.
© Bruder Realtor | Coldwell Banker Realty.